What if the child does not want to learn the lessons?
School time is not only a period of appearance of new impressions, friends, events, but also a serious period when depending largely on the parents of the child, they become more mature and independent. They read, listen, perceive and analyze information. And how well all these stages go through depends on the assimilation of the material.
Sending the child to school, almost all parents dream that their offspring, having rested after a hard day, will happily take up the homework.
But in fact, it turns out that the child, most often, continues to go about his business, in every possible way delaying the moment of meeting with the "granite of science." But you still need to learn the lessons. What should the adult do in this case - scold and force, or seek an individual approach?
The root of the problem
In many ways, the desire to gain knowledge depends on the microclimate in the family. If a child on his refusal to do homework gets a wave of aggression, reproaches in stupidity and other unpleasant things, then the child will unambiguously embrace stress.It is he who can cause a protest or, conversely, a disappointment in his own abilities.
But this is not the only reason. What else can be associated with a lack of desire to do homework?
- Laziness. Perhaps one of the most common options for explaining the situation to adults. Indeed, there are children who are lazy by nature. But in this case, they have no desire to do everything in the world, and not only to study.
And if a child does not want to do homework, but with pleasure he reads a book or watches a movie, it means that the reason must be sought in another. You should speak frankly and find out what worries the child. He may be overly tired, afraid to admit that he does not understand the subject, or he has a conflict with the teacher.
- Fear of ridicule and condemnation. In the first case, this may be due to classmates. Especially often this situation occurs in adolescence. Teenagers are trying to go against the system, assuring everyone that learning is unfashionable and uninteresting. And over those who diligently perform all tasks, laugh, "exclude" from their team, and in every possible way spread rot.The child does not want to be an outcast, and therefore has to follow such a “fashion”.
In the case of conviction, there is a wrong behavior of teachers, who often compare the success of children, citing as an example some, and applying not the most pleasant epithets for others.
- Attention deficit. By protesting against studies, the child is in fact trying to attract, in this way, the attention of parents, and to show that it needs their love and support.
Think about how much time you spend communicating with the child, do you help in solving his problems, do you keep these promises, do you often hug, kiss.
- Difficulties in the assimilation of the material. Not everyone can equally well master the knowledge of the exact and human sciences. Therefore, not having understood once in the subject, the child gives up and considers that the object is incomprehensible to him. The child hesitates to say this, because in every way he avoids the moment when the homework is done.
What should parents do in this case? Again, calmly chat. If it turns out that you yourself can not explain the incomprehensible moments, you can hire a tutor, or arrange with the teacher about additional individual classes.
Learning to learn
It's time to make specific recommendations that will help clarify the situation and make the process of doing your homework enjoyable, both for the student and for his parents:
- The first thing that should be explained to a child is that "home" is its immediate work and responsibility. After all, he goes to school not for parents, but for himself - to gain knowledge that will be useful in the future.
- Try to consider the child's hidden potential, which will be the best motivation for learning. This method achieves high efficiency just in the period of adolescence, when the child is eager for independence and tries to decide on his future profession and life in general.
- Do not force, but direct. You do not need to impose a sequence of work on the offspring, you do not need to build a mode for it. Let your child be more independent. Let him choose, in what order he will do the tasks.
It will not be superfluous to also draw up the daily routine To do this, it's good to write everything on a large sheet of paper, determining the time of arrival from school, rest, hobby, performance of "house" and entertainment.
- Have patience.Many parents, unable to endure many hours sitting on books, grab themselves to solve problems and write essays. But just a few of these times will give a clear understanding of the student that he can use you for his own purposes.
In the first class, for example, you can spend some time to help, and every year give the child the opportunity to independently perform the given, referring to you only for "consultations."
- Determine the promotion. This advice often causes a mixed reaction, because many people immediately think of material rewards for good grades. Even ordinary praise can be a reward. Simple phrases: “you are a great young man,” “I always knew that you would succeed,” “you are capable” and the like, let the schoolchild's parents believe in him and get confidence in their own abilities.
But more material praise is not excluded - trips, trips, purchases. But you should not make them objects of motivation, let them better be a reward for diligent work.
Give your child enough attention, be interested in how his day was spent, find time to listen and help, then most of the problems will disappear by themselves, and your student will be real pride.
Date: 18.10.2018, 23:19 / Views: 34564
Fashionable books about self-improvement, which everyone is talking about
Laying the infrared film floor
Painting of glasses
The popularity of stretch ceilings in the modern world
Paper model of the tank Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.F1 and Pz.Kpf
Life is not so comfortable without a dressing gown