Kanaani - care, nutrition and maintenance
If as a pet you want to get a graceful and beautiful cat, pay attention to such a breed as canani. And to become a responsible owner and best friend of the animal, learn all the features of maintenance and care.
Description and origin of the breed
The breed is artificially bred, and the story of its appearance originates in Israel. Doris Polachek loved cats and kept three animals in the house. Once a woman noticed a beautiful steppe Libyan cat next to her dwelling. They sheltered and tamed it, and later decided to cross with their home pet.
Results impressed and surprised: the kittens were born incredibly beautiful and graceful, but wild and unsociable. Doris did not give up and continued breeding on the advice of the owner of one of the local nurseries.
After a lengthy selection in 2000, the experimental breed was officially recognized, and the name was given in honor of the Canaan locality, in which the forefather of Canaan was noticed.It was decided to ban any cross-breeding with other breeds, and a little less than ten years ago the breed received recognition from the World Phelinological Federation.
Features of appearance are as follows:
- The head of the cananite has small dimensions and is approximated to a triangular shape, the frontal part is prominent. The chin is developed, extends beyond the muzzle. The cheekbones are strongly pronounced, but there are practically no pads under the mustache.
- The ears are large, triangular with wide bases and tapered ends, on which brushes may be present (optional). They are planted far from each other, but high, and this creates the feeling that the cat is constantly listening.
- The eyes of the amygdala are large enough, planted widely. The color of the iris varies from yellowish to greenish shades, usually light.
- The body is large and elongated, well developed musculature, organically composed. The body is proportional and symmetrical, the anterior and posterior parts are approximately equal in width and are on the same level. The tail is long, almost equal to the length of the body, to the tip can narrow.
- Paws are long and not very powerful, which gives the breed grace.Pads - oval, dark.
- The coat is hard and short, has a small undercoat and almost adheres to the skin. The hair has a color with ticking (alternating yellow and dark pigments), which gives the wool an interesting look.
- The color can be either light or more saturated, ranging from beige or sand to coffee and rich brown. Coloring are marble and spotty.
Character traits and behavior
Kanaani is quite capricious, which is due to the presence of wild non-domesticated animals in the genetics of the traits. Character has such traits:
- Love-lovingness. A cat needs freedom, necessarily a personal space in which outsiders will not interfere. Respect such pet requirements and do not violate the boundaries of the allotted area.
- Kanaani do not require constant attention and normally tolerate loneliness, but the presence of a person is necessary, otherwise the pet will be unsociable and wild. And yet do not expect from a pet that he will caress and jump on his knees.
- Tactile contacts are welcome, but not intrusive. A cat can respond to stroking with a satisfied rumbling, but if she is bored with a caress, she will get up and leave.In case of discomfort and especially pain, the animal can recall predatory instincts and use claws or teeth, so it is better to limit or control the communication with young children.
- Kanaani can get along with other animals of the same size if he meets them in early childhood and learns to divide the territory. Adult cat may react to the invasion of a new neighbor aggressively. And small animals and birds are perceived as prey.
- Activity is quite high, because in the wild, cats are accustomed to explore and develop new territories. Also, Canaan can study the house, and not always without loss and damage to property.
Peculiarities of care
How to care for a canaan cat? The content assumes the observance of several rules:
- Regular walks are necessary, but, leaving for fresh air, wear a harness or leash, otherwise the cat, having become interested in something and catching a new smell, will run away and be lost. But it is necessary to acquaint the canaani leash from early childhood: it is extremely difficult to teach an adult animal to the restrictions.
- Since the hair is short and lacks a thick long undercoat, then combing it is enough just once a week, using a special brush.
- Canaans do not like water very much, so frequent bathing negatively affects the nervous system and behavior. It is enough to carry out water procedures once every three or four months or as far as it is polluted, if the pet often walks and likes active games in the fresh air. Use shampoo for cats.
- Regularly, as far as contamination is concerned, clean the ear shells using a cotton swab with a stopper moistened in either hydrogen peroxide or in a specialized solution or lotion for animal hygiene. It is necessary to clean the ears every fifteen weeks.
- There are discharges from the eyes, and they must be regularly (about once every week) removed with a cotton pad dipped in water with the addition of potassium permanganate.
- Training to the tray can cause difficulties, which is caused by wild ancestors who are not used to it. But if you start work at an early age and be patient, then the pet will understand what is required of him.
By nature, Canaani are omnivorous and are not demanding for food, but this does not mean that you can feed your pet to everyone. If given to the cat fat, spicy, salty, flour and sweet, it can lead to weight gain and obesity, as well as digestive disorders and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Introduce in the diet of your pet a variety of balanced natural foods, for example, porridges, heat-treated vegetables, boiled meat and fish, and sour-milk products. But you can give food, and certainly quality. Eat two meals and monitor portion sizes to avoid overeating.
If you keep canaanas at home correctly, your pet will be happy with good health. Genetic diseases are extremely rare, but sometimes cardiomyopathy occurs, which affects the heart. In case of eating disorders, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are likely.
The owner must be responsible for the health of the pet. If the cat walks and communicates with other animals, regularly carry out treatments for insects and worms, do all the planned vaccinations recommended by the vet.
A kitten purchased from an experienced breeder or in a specialized nursery can cost 80-90 thousand rubles. Pedigree will increase the cost. The breed is quite rare, so you should not buy kittens from unknown people if you basically become the owner of the canany.
You can conquer the heart of the wayward cat of the canani, if you become a caring owner and a loyal friend for her.
Date: 10.10.2018, 08:01 / Views: 41353
Stylish poncho with a hood - versatile and cozy knitted clothes
Hippie clothing style
Pictures of young animals for kids
12 Amazing Plastic Toy Projects
Unusual and very beautiful idea of a tea table. The result is beyond praise
Children's folding birthday card
Yellow rabbit plush with your hands
How to cook chicken baked in a pumpkin