Best Antioxidant Products
Today, many people strive to maintain their health with the help of proper nutrition, and this has a certain meaning - after all, most ailments are always easier to prevent than to cure.
A special place in human nutrition is occupied by antioxidants - substances that help the body to resist the harmful effects of the environment. They enter the human body with products, and their beneficial effects on the work of all organs of the body have been repeatedly proved by medical research.
The principle of action on the body
There are so-called free radicals - particular molecules that negatively affect the cells of the human body, gradually destroying them. This occurs under the influence of an oxidative process that breaks the cellular structure, in which its main components are damaged: lipids, proteins, and, in addition, nucleic acids.
If the damaged cells in the body too much, it can lead to the development of various diseases,such as atherosclerosis, diabetes or malignant tumors, or even provoke disturbances in the functioning of the nervous system.
Natural and the best "enemies" of free radicals are antioxidants (antioxidants), which resist them and protect people from premature aging and many diseases. Currently, more than 7,000 varieties of antioxidants are known, which are part of about 3,000 products worldwide.
So what are these substances for? The action of different antioxidants is distributed in different ways: some substances do not allow free radicals to form, some - help prevent oxidative processes, and some can act only under specific conditions.
In any case, every person needs a sufficient amount of these substances daily in order to maintain their health at a high level and protect themselves from various diseases.
Where are antioxidants present?
The most famous antioxidants in foods are:
- vitamins E and C;
- vitamins A and D;
In addition, the human body is constantly in need of the elements to build its own antioxidants. This usually requires copper ions, as well as zinc and manganese. The antioxidant role, in addition to the above, is performed by such substances as carnitine and lycopene, however, like some other parts of natural products of animal and vegetable origin.
It should be noted in detail on the list of products enriched with antioxidants:
- Berries are an ideal source of antioxidant substances. The richest of these elements are raspberries and strawberries, blueberries and blueberries, as well as blackberries and acai. Most of them contain proanthocyanidins that help prevent cancer and heart disease.
- Nuts - a high content of vitamin E and fatty acids, indispensable for humans, makes these products an important link in protecting health from an aggressive environment and allows you to control oxidative processes. They protect the human body from the damaging effects of pesticides, tobacco and adverse environmental conditions. However, in this case it is important to comply with the norm: no more than 6 mg of vitamin E per day for children, and no more than 15 - for adults.
- Broccoli - phytonutrients contained in the composition of this plant, help fight cancer tumors, and the content of vitamin C in it exceeds that of orange. In addition, broccoli contains calcium, necessary for strengthening bones.
- Tomatoes - are a natural source of lycopene, which can attack cancer cells even more powerful than vitamin E or beta-carotene. The disadvantage of this compound is that it is very poorly absorbed by the organs, and in order to improve its absorption, it is worth using tomatoes in the form of pasta, sauce, juice or subjected to heat treatment along with vegetable oil.
- Green tea - it has a high content of polyphenols, which has a positive effect on reducing cholesterol and protecting the body from various serious diseases, including cancer and heart disease.
- Grapefruit is also a natural source of lycopene, especially its red and pink variety. The same antioxidant can be found in watermelon juice.
- Purple onions and Brussels sprouts, as well as garlic contain a fairly popular flavonoid called quercetin, which provides protection against Alzheimer's disease and protects the kidneys from damage due to high blood sugar.
- Grapes, as well as its seeds, contain resveratrol, a component that protects the heart muscle and blood vessels from the formation of blood clots and atherosclerosis. For best effect, you should eat it all together with seeds and regularly use red wine in small quantities. Resveratrol is an effective remedy against cancer and forms the basis for many anti-cancer drugs.
How to maximize the effectiveness of antioxidants?
The lack of antioxidants in the human body adversely affects the state of health, therefore it is recommended to provide the body with reliable protection. There are several tricks for this:
- Every day, you need to eat 5-6 vegetables or fruits with different colors, best bright - green, purple, red, etc. It is best to choose berries, tomatoes, cherries, as well as watermelon, red cabbage, potato tubers, apples or broccoli. Eating these foods is recommended at different times of the day - for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Those who are not enthusiastic about fruits are advised to pay attention to herbs, grains and nuts: for example, add oats or products made from it to the daily diet.You can also use drinks made from blueberries and oats, seasoned with cinnamon. Useful will be: soup, boiled from legumes and tomatoes, mashed beans, salads with nuts and pistachios instead of the usual sweets.
- To replenish the supply of antioxidants in the body, you can use seasonings: this effect has marjoram, ginger, cloves, as well as chilli peppers. It is recommended to regularly use a glass of cocoa, because this drink has a strong antioxidant effect.
- If you can not eat the right amount of antioxidants with food, you can drink a cup of coffee for breakfast, and for dinner you can enjoy a cocktail of fresh apples, pears and berries.
If fruit cocktails do not fit, you can replace them with vegetables, and in the evening drink a cup of green tea.
Date: 17.10.2018, 10:25 / Views: 51133
How to reduce vehicle fuel consumption
How to choose office chairs
A selection of salads for slim figure
Bright decor of a plain T-shirt
Mounting drywall to the wall with your own hands
Fragrant Tildo Bear
Why is it useful to cook with children